Great preparation for the interview is your best bet!!
1. Do some research about the company!
Look at their website, call them and ask some general questions without referring to yourself as a potential employee.
2. Know your contact before the interview!
Find out who you will be talking to and greet them by name when you meet them.
3. Practice your answers!
practice with a friend or in front of a mirror. Try to keep your answers as brief as possible, but add all the necessary information
4. Dress the part!
Make sure your clothes are clean and wrinkle free, dress conservatively for an office job and don’t ever wear jeans or revealing clothing.
5. Get organized before the interview!
Make sure that you are prepared the day before. Make a checklist of the things you will need, have an extra cv and copies of your certificates handy, take a notepad with you in case you need to take notes, take your business card if you have one.
6. Sending a CV!
Some companies prefer for you to send a cv. Make sure that you include a cover letter that describes the position that you are interested in and a few details of your qualifications and skills. Address your cover letter to the right person.
7. Telephoning for an interview!
Speak clearly and with confidence. Be polite and prepared to answer any questions asked of you, quickly and concisely
8. Post interview follow up!
Send a thank you note to the interviewer. If you haven’t heard back within a week – call to ask if they have reached a decision yet (this shows that you are enthusiastic and persistent)
9. Some common interview questions!
– Tell me something about yourself (remember to say something positive)
– How do you handle stressful situations?
– How do you deal with criticism?
– What is your definition of success?
– Why do you think you will fit in with this company?
– Where do you see yourself in five years?
– Do you prefer to work on your own, or in a team?
– Wy are you interested in working for this company?
– Why should I hire you?